The most exciting thing to happen in marketing and promotion is the increasing use of online technology to promote brands particularly using social media.
Social media have changed the way marketers can communicate with their brands, from mass messages to intimate conversation.
Before I tell you how to use social media to grow your influence and following we need to know exactly what it is.
Social media is any tool or service that uses the internet to facilitate conversation.
Start growing your influence
You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
To start growing your business profile on social media it’s important to decide why you want to grow it. Is it more traffic, brand awareness, engagement, more sales?
If your business owner like me I’m sure it’s a little of all of them.
To effectively use social media you’ll need a plan. Your social media plan is linked to a larger plan such as promotional plan or marketing plan.
It’s important to research throughout the development of social media plan to keep abreast of the rapidly changing social media world. If you’re having trouble Jalen Marketing is always here to save you time and money.
Social media marketing plan
There are six stages involved in creating social media plan.
- 1. Listen to customers: develop an effective listening system is necessary to both understanding and engaging an online audience.Marketers must not only hear what is being said about the brand, the industry, the competition and the customer, but they must also pay attention to who is saying what and act upon the information.
- Set social media objectives: Set objectives that can be specifically accomplished through social media. Build relationships and brand awareness, promote products and services, manage with special attention to how to measure the results.Numerous metrics are available such as buzz, interest, participation, search engine rankings & results, influence, analysis and more.
- Define strategies: This includes examining trends and best practices in the industry.
- Identify target audience: This should line up with the target market defined in the marketing plan, but in the social media plan, pay special attention to how that audience participates and behaves online.
- Select tools and platform: Based on the result of step 4, choose the social media tools and platforms that will be most relevant. These choices are based on the knowledge of where the target audience participates on social media.
- Implement and monitor strategy: Social media campaigns can be fluid, so it is important to keep close eye on what is successful and what is not. Then based on the observation, make changes as needed. It also becomes important , therefore, to go back to the listening stage to interpret how consumers are perceiving the social media campaign.
The changing world of social media
Listening to customers and industry trends, as well as continually revising the social media plan to meet the needs of the changing social media market, are keys to successful social media marketing.
If you are interested in taking your business or brand to the next level in 2019 do not hesitate to contact us. As media consultant here at Jalen Marketing we specialize in keeping our client favorably sold to the public at all times using our expert media, marketing and advertising services.