We must rid ourselves of the idea that there’s a short-cut to achievement.
First, focus on a dream, an idea, a goal then concentrate your thoughts as often as possible on that particular objective. Create a mental image of your goal already having been attained.
Be specific, don’t generalize. If it is money that you desire establish in your mind the exact amount. It is not sufficient merely to say “I want plenty of money.”
Be definite as to the amount, and set a time limit for earning it. If your goal is a beautiful home, get a picture of the exact home you wish to own, even if you have to pay an architect to draw the plans.
Be very careful about what you set your mind and heart upon. For if you want it strongly enough, you’ll get it.
Thoughts are things…
You become what you think about.
You are, at this very moment, nothing more than the sum total of your thoughts. Similarly, you will be next year or even five years from now what you think about from this point forward.
That’s why establishing a goal is so vital to your success. Unless you think about the thing you wish to accomplish, your thinking will be erratic, confused jumping from one thing to another with the result of achieving nothing, arriving nowhere.
By thinking every morning, each evening, and as many times during the day about the single most important goal you’ve set you’ve set for yourself, you’ll actually begin moving towards it.
Concentrating your thoughts is like taking a river that is twisting and turning, meandering throughout the countryside, and putting into a straight, smooth channel.
Now it has power, direction and speed. It is the same with your mind. Once you know where you’re going, you’ll know exactly why you get out of bed in the morning; you’ll know why you are working and what you are working towards; and you’ll know why it’s important to do the very best work of which you are capable.
You’ll know why it’s essential that you cut yourself away from the big, sluggish river of people who are drifting without purpose and direction, and cut the channel straight and clear to the dream that lies within your heart.
The Goal Setting system
- Goals must be conceivable, capable of being put into words.
- Goals must be believable, within the realm of possibilities.
- Goals must be achievable, doable within your given strengths and abilities.
- Goals must be desirable, something you desperately want to accomplish.
- Goals must be just out of reach, but within your grasp. Aim High!
- Goals must be measurable. What gets measured, gets done.
- Establish time tables for the completion of all goals. If you are unable to reach your goal in a specified time frame, simply reset the goal.
- Create a workable master plan. Describe precisely what you intend to give in return for the realization of that which you desire. REMEMBER there is no such thing as something for nothing.
- Describe clearly the plan through which you intend to reach your objective. Success demands a price that must be paid in advance, in full.
- Put your goals into action everyday.
These instructions I learned from Think and Grow Rich a Black Choice call for no effort that we can’t easily put forth.
Decide where you are going and how you are going to get there. And then start where you are. Get into action!
No person is ready for a thing until they believe they can acquire it. This shows by taken action.
How do I know I’m ready to build a million dollar motivational blog, because I’ve started.
For next thirty days review the goals that you specified in goal setting process. Read your goals every morning, evening, and as many times during the day as you can.
Force your goals into your subconscious mind; see yourself as already having them attained. Do it without fail everyday for thirty days and it will become a habit a habit will lead you from one success to another.
You are now, and you will become in the future, what you think about.